ITAC is seeking interest from potential organizations to co-host the 2018 International Aboriginal Tourism Conference (IATC). Any non profit, profit, Aboriginal or non Aboriginal organization or event planner is eligible to submit regardless of location or ownership from anywhere in Canada.
CLOSING DATE: Friday, October 20th, 2017
NOT LATER THAN 2:00 p.m. Pacific Time
INFORMATION TO BIDDERS
Indigenous Tourism Association of Canada (ITAC) is a non-profit member- based organization that is committed to growing and promoting a sustainable, culturally rich Aboriginal tourism industry.
ITAC is seeking interest from potential organizations to co-host the 2018 International Aboriginal Tourism Conference (IATC). Any non-profit, profit, Aboriginal or non Aboriginal organization or event planner is eligible to submit regardless of location or ownership from anywhere in Canada.
The IATC has been successfully built in partnership with ITAC for the past 5 years having been delivered in British Columbia, Nova Scotia, Quebec. ITAC has continued to build the IATC registration delegate lists and is prepared to share all prior conference planning and registration information to date to the successful host organization interested in co-hosting the 2018 IATC.
Therefore, the successful host organization will deliver all aspects of the 2018 International Aboriginal Tourism Conference including event planning, registration, and budgeting with the full support of ITAC and our members. The host organization will be responsible for coordination and completion of the conference.
2018 International Aboriginal Tourism Conference Project Details
Host Organization Deliverables
A host organization will provide a submission that outlines the following items:
- Process to confirm 2018 IATC overall budget in partnership with ITAC.
- Proposed conference location, accommodations and catering for delegates based on the dates approved by ITAC.
- Process to review ITAC list of past national and international delegates for marketing and invitations.
- In partnership with ITAC secure national and international presenters of interest to the delegates based on the conference theme.
- Process to organize International Aboriginal Tourism Awards Gala evening with the ITAC.
- Process to organize an Aboriginal cultural event evening for delegates including transportation to and from an off-site, crafts, entertainment, food and beverages.
- Process to prepare the conference agenda including instruction for registration, accommodations, Gala Awards and Aboriginal Cultural Event.
- Process to manage conference registration, Gala Awards registration and Aboriginal Cultural Event registration.
- Process to negotiate a conference accommodation rate with hotel in partnership with ITAC.
- Process to negotiate and manage all food and beverage needs for the conference, Awards Gala and Cultural Events.
- Process to prepare a budget based on all the deliverables for final approval in partnership with ITAC.
- The host organization would be responsible for preparing a planning document for the IATC in partnership with ITAC in order to accomplish a successful IATC.
- Target 500 registered delegates
- Involve no less than 10 international countries
- Ensure planning for awards gala
- The host organization is prepared to work in strong partnership with ITAC.
- Design a process document to review steps and planning will be provided with this application.
- The documentation will outline any additional requirements by the proponent including expectations.
The term of the host organization will be completed one month after the date of the IATC 2018 once a date has been confirmed in partnership with ITAC. It is anticipated an agreement to host the 2018 IATC will commence May 2018 and expire 30 days after the 2018 International Aboriginal Tourism Conference date.
3. REFERENCES (Optional):
ITAC may conduct reference checks of the successful host organization. ITAC will not enter into an agreement to host the 2018 IATC with any host organization whose references, in the opinion of Indigenous Tourism Association of Canada, do not confirm the information provided in the RFP.
4. SUBMISSION INFORMATION:
The host organization must outline the required information described in the Requirements Section in a precise manner. ITAC is seeking a 3-6 page outline in order to assess potential host organizations.
The host organization shall also submit the following information with their quotation:
- Sign and return the RFP page as written confirmation
- Provide a minimum of two (2) references and their contact information. (Optional)
All responses to the RFP and any inquiries regarding the services of the anticipated contract or the administrative details of the RFP are to be directed to:
Keith Henry, President and CEO
Indigenous Tourism Association of Canada
Vancouver, BC V5R 5W2
Phone: (604) 639-4408
Fax: (604) 435-8181