The Indigenous Tourism Association of Canada (ITAC) issues this Call for Nominations to member organizations wishing to represent their province or territory on ITAC’s Board of Directors. This notice is to provide information on how to nominate a Director (board member) for election at the upcoming ITAC Annual General Meeting (AGM) being held November 1, 2018, at TCU Place in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
Nominations, Term & Voting (ITAC Bylaws 13.1)
The ITAC Board is composed of thirteen (13) Directors; one from each of the ten (10) provinces and one from each of the three (3) territories, each serving two (2) year terms. At the election on November 1, 2018, approximately half of the Directors on ITAC’s Board will be elected to a new two (2) year term.
Directors at the 2018 AGM who are eligible for nomination represent the following provinces and territories*:
- Newfoundland & Labrador
- Nova Scotia
- New Brunswick
Please note that directors will be elected by eligible voting members only within their respective territory or province (ITAC Bylaws 13.6).
*NOTE: There are eight (8) positions up for election this year, and there will be five (5) Director positions up for election next year at the 2019 AGM. Those Director positions represent British Columbia, Alberta, Prince Edward Island, Yukon and Northwest Territories. (ITAC Bylaws 13.7)
Eligibility (ITAC Bylaws 13.2)
- Persons can be nominated as Directors only if they are Voting Members of the Corporation In Good Standing.
- Retiring Directors are eligible to be re-elected for a further term only until they have served three terms consecutively, after which they are not eligible for re-election.
- Directors who have served three consecutive terms will become eligible to serve on the Board of Directors again two years after the date of their last term’s expiry.
Required Credentials (ITAC Bylaws 13.3)
All candidates for the Board shall possess the following credentials:
- A commitment to the mission of the Corporation;
- Knowledge and skills in areas of Board Governance, Policy, Finance, Programs, Human Resources and Public Relations;
- A commitment to attend Board Meetings, Committee Meetings and Annual General Meetings;
- A commitment to attend Board Orientation, Strategic Planning and other workshops/training programs necessary for Board development as determined by the Board;
- A willingness to serve on one or more committees; and,
- The capability and willingness to hold a portfolio.
Board of Directors Application
Persons nominating a Director for election must complete and submit a Board of Directors Application to the ITAC Chair containing the following:
- Two (2) letters of support from an organization that is familiar with the candidate’s/nominee’s credentials
- Confirmation that the candidate/nominee meets the above noted eligibility criteria
The deadline for nominating a Director to serve on the ITAC Board is Wednesday, September 26th, 2018 at 9:00AM PST. Accordingly, the Board of Directors Application and supporting documentation must be received prior to this deadline date.
Please submit, via email, the required nomination information to:
ITAC Nominations Committee
Nomination packages MUST be received by 9:00 AM PST Wednesday, September 26, 2018 to be eligible for consideration.