The Indigenous Tourism Association of Canada (ITAC) and Travel Manitoba are proud to be partnering to bring the second Manitoba Indigenous Tourism Summit to Winnipeg, Manitoba, Treaty 1 Territory and the Homeland of the Métis Nation, on Wednesday, September 18, 2019, from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. The Summit will take place at the Victoria Inn Hotel and Convention Centre (1808 Wellington Avenue). ITAC is mindful that support for travel may be required.
For more information on the Summit, or travel subsidy, please contact Lilian Tankard:
Register for the summit using the form at the bottom of this page.
The objectives of the Manitoba Indigenous Tourism Summit are:
- To share Manitoba’s Indigenous Tourism Strategy
- To provide professional development opportunities to Indigenous tourism stakeholders
- To provide Indigenous tourism stakeholders an opportunity to develop relationships and or business with existing tourism operators
- 8:00 am – Registration & Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 am – Welcome & Opening Prayer
- Manitoba Indigenous Tourism Advisory Committee (MITAC) update
- Partners Welcome & Update on Indigenous Tourism Strategy
- 9:30 am – 10:30 am – How can ITAC and Travel Manitoba benefit your Business?
- 10:30 am – 10:45 am – Break
- 10:45 am -11:45 am – Breakout Session 1
- Product Development – Creating the Experience
- Product Development – Market Readiness
- Noon – Lunch
- 12:45 pm – Keynote speaker
- 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm – Breakout Session 2
- Trade 101 – ITAC Sales tool
- Introduction to Inbound Marketing
- 2:30 pm – 2:45 pm – Break
- 2:45 pm – 4:00 pm – Plenary Session
- Hands-on session with Tourism operators/Receptive Operators to create itineraries including Indigenous tourism providers.
- 4:00 pm – Closing Remarks