Dené Sinclair’s contract as ITAC’s Director of Marketing has ended, and we wish her well in all her future endeavours. Working closely with the ITAC team, Dené’s career with ITAC oversaw many successes including:
- Growing ITAC social media channels to audiences of more than 20,000 fans.
- Valuable research insights including understanding the USA Visitor interest in Indigenous tourism in Canada, and the recent update of Indigenous tourism economic indicators by the Conference Board of Canada, which found that the Indigenous tourism sector is outpacing national tourism activity overall.
- A new, national guide book to Indigenous tourism in Canada, growing from less than 30 experiences to more than 170 experiences featured in a 100+ page, bilingual guidebook, edited by Norie Quintos, editor at large for National Geographic.
- Supporting and facilitating more than $85,000 in sales of travel packages which include Indigenous tourism experiences, launched at IndigenousCanada.Travel in 2018, and laying the groundwork for a new online booking engine, to be launched later this year.
- Supporting the marketing of three successful International Indigenous Tourism conferences.
- Curation of a series of promotional videos featuring Indigenous tourism locations, businesses and entrepreneurs, and led by their own voices.
Beginning immediately, Sébastien Desnoyers-Picard is ITAC’s acting Director of Marketing, and he continues to be supported by our supplier partners Beattie Tartan and The Update Company.