The Indigenous Tourism Association of Canada is seeking a contractor to develop a tourism strategy for ITAC and Travel Manitoba to guide the direction of the Indigenous tourism industry, focus operational plans and align with ITAC and Travel Manitoba’s goals in leadership, partnership, marketing and development.
This project will operate in cooperation with and under the direction of the Business Development and Partnerships department of ITAC.
The successful contractor will:
- Liaise with ITAC and Travel Manitoba administration, the Manitoba Indigenous Tourism Advisory Committee and industry stakeholders to engage and inform strategic priorities
- Participate at the “Power of Indigenous Tourism Summit” in Winnipeg (May 31, 2018) to gather SWOT information through facilitated workshop. Facilitator has been identified – this will be done in collaboration with consultant.
- Once SWOT & Summit are complete, cumulate existing research to develop high-level strategy framework– this will include existing research and reporting provided by ITAC and Travel Manitoba.
- Align Manitoba Indigenous tourism strategy with ITAC and Travel Manitoba’s tourism strategies
- Provide tactical/operational recommendations towards eventual inaugural operating plan for an Indigenous Tourism organization in Manitoba
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports
- Deliverable: completed tourism strategy including goals, objectives, and strategic action plan by August 31, 2018
This is a project-based contract position ending August, 2018 (approx. 4 months). The application deadline is May 4, 2018 at 5:00 pm PST. For details please visit our employment page.