Hosted at the International Indigenous Tourism Conference on Treaty 6 Territory and the Homeland of the Métis in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
Deadline for Nominations: Friday, September 28, 2018 – 4:30 PM Pacific
Awards Gala: October 31, 2018 – 6:00 PM Mountain
Event Address: TCU Place, 35 22 Street E, Saskatoon, SK
Conference Information: www.IndigenousTourismConference.com
The Indigenous Tourism Association of Canada (ITAC) offers Indigenous tourism businesses and organizations an opportunity to be considered for one of eight awards to be celebrated at the International Indigenous Tourism Conference (IITC) Awards Gala on Wednesday, October 31, 2018 in Saskatoon, SK.
The awards are divided into two categories: those that are available to Saskatchewan nominees and National awards for anyone across Canada. Nominee businesses must be majority Indigenous owned/controlled and be located within Canada.
- Best Marketing Campaign: Indigenous tourism business or organization who has planned and activated an effective marketing campaign or program showing real results towards specific goals using any or all of paid, earned, shared or owned media.
- Most Improved Business: Indigenous tourism business who has significantly improved their market/export readiness allowing for a stronger business opportunity and increase their ability to professionally demonstrate Indigenous tourism’s ability to meet and exceed customer and travel trade expectations.
- Most Inspiring Cultural Ambassador: A representative of an Indigenous business or organization who inspires those around them in the way they represent their culture with visitors, who leads by example and who provides guidance and mentorship to those also looking to find their path towards representing their culture for visitors and guests.
- Indigenous Adventure Award – Presented by ATTA: This award will be presented to a business who recognizes best practices in Indigenous adventure travel with a focus on responsibility and sustainability: demonstrating effective sustainable management, maximizing social and economic benefits to the local community and minimizing negative impacts, maximizing benefits to cultural heritage and benefits to the environment. The winner of this award will receive a scholarship to attend the AdventureELEVATE conference in New York (June, 2019)
- Indoor Indigenous Cultural Experiences: Exceptional delivery of cultural knowledge and guest experience at Indigenous Cultural Centres, Museums, Galleries, Retail Stores, Food Establishments, Entertainment Centres and/or Spa Retreats.
- Outdoor Indigenous Cultural Experiences: Outdoor Adventure, Wildlife Viewing, Outdoor Guided Tours. Exceptional knowledge and delivery of an Indigenous Cultural Experience and/or adventure in an outdoor environment.
- Lodging: Hotels, Motels, Accommodations, Cabins, Campgrounds, Lodges. Excellent lodging experiences for guests while incorporating Indigenous themes, design elements and/or cultural experiences.
- Artists & Events: Artists, Performers and Performance Groups, Special Events, Festivals. Exceptional skill, technique and cultural representations from an artist / performer / performance group or through a cultural event or festival.
Many of you know amazing businesses, entrepreneurs and people leading the way for Indigenous tourism in Canada (or maybe it’s YOU!) Please consider nominating yourself, someone else or passing this information along to others in your networks. Businesses can be nominated in multiple categories!
Award Eligibility & Conditions:
- Nominees must be majority Indigenous owned/controlled and provide tourism experiences or tourism related services.
- Businesses or organizations can be nominated in multiple categories.
- Any one business or organization can only win one regional award, however they are also eligible to win only one national award.
- The physical business address of the nominee for the Saskatchewan awards must be located in Saskatchewan.
- The physical business address of the nominee for the national awards must be in one of the 13 Provinces or Territories of Canada.
- The top three submissions and the winner in each category will be selected by a committee of senior staff members of the Indigenous Tourism Association of Canada.
- Deadline for submissions is September 28, 2018 at 4:30 pm Pacific
- Submissions can be filled out as a self-nomination or as a nomination of a person, business or organization from someone outside of that business or organization.
- Submissions are submitted by the online form below.
- The winners of all eight categories will be announced Wednesday October, 31, 2018 at the Awards Gala held on the closing night of the International Indigenous Tourism Conference held this year at TCU Place in Saskatoon, SK.
Questions regarding the eligibility and the nomination process can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org